Spinach Balls a la Tempera
- 14oz (400g) of spinach 9oz (250g) of cod fillet 4 tablespoons of flour 13.5fl.oz (400ml) of milk 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs 1 large egg
- Vegetable oil and butter for frying
- Cranberries and lettuce leaves for serving
- Fry the spinach in butter for 6-7 minutes and mix it in a blender. Roast the garlic cloves whole. Remove the garlic from the pan and fry the minced cod fillets for a couple of minutes in garlic oil. Add the spinach and gradually pour the flour diluted in milk. Let everything simmer and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until thick. Move the mixture to a bowl and allow it to cool slightly. Form balls from the spinach-cod mixture with a dessert spoon. Roll the balls in breadcrumbs, then beaten egg, before rolling in breadcrumbs once more. Fry the balls in vegetable oil for 3-4 minutes. Put them on a paper towel.
- Serving: Lay out the lettuce leaves on a serving plate. Put the spinach balls in a row on top of the lettuce. To decorate the dish, randomly spread the cranberries around the plate.