Baked Mussels in Sour Cream Sauce
- 24 fresh mussels
- 1 onion
- 1 small parsley root 1 carrot
- 2oz (50g) of sour cream 2oz (50g) of grated cheese Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon of chopped dill or parsley
- 1/2 lemon for serving
- Soak the mussels in cold water for 30 minutes, changing the water at least once. Add the carrot, parsley, and unpeeled onion to the water. Season with salt and boil for 12 minutes. Remove the mussel meat with a knife and fry in vegetable oil for 3 minutes. Add sour cream and stir. Put the mussels into baking molds and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 15 minutes.
- Serving: Put the molds holding the mussels on dessert plates. Sprinkle with finely chopped dill or parsley. Place a fork and a dessert spoon on the side. Decorate the dish with a lemon quarter.