Pumpkin with Smoked Bacon and Cherry Sauce
- 8 pumpkin bars approximately 3” x 1” (8cm x 3cm)
- 8 slices of turkey breast of the same size
- 8 slices of smoked bacon
- 8 small sprigs of savory and rosemary
- Salt Pepper
- 2 or 3 types of nuts for serving
- Sauce: 1 tablespoon of red wine 3.5oz (100g) of pitted cherries 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom
- Season the turkey pieces with salt and pepper, and then fry them in a grilled pan from both sides. Put a piece of turkey on each pumpkin bar. Lay out a sprig of savory on top of it and cover everything with bacon. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20 minutes. To prepare the sauce, blend the cherries and then add the wine and cardamom. Bring everything to a boil in a saucepan and then remove from heat.
- Serving: Take 2 big plates and place 4 pumpkin rolls on each. Form tracks of the sauce on one side of each plate in front of each roll. Spread the nuts on the other side.