- 8oz (240g) of grated coconut meat or flakes
- 4 eggs
- 3oz (80g) of sugar 2 bananas
- 7oz (200g) of flour
- 3oz (80g) of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder Powdered sugar
- 2 sprigs of mint for serving
- Mix the butter with half the sugar and 1 egg. Mix the flour and baking powder. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the buttery mixture, kneading into a soft dough. Press the dough in a shallow baking pan to approximately 2” (5cm) thick. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 15 minutes. Peel the bananas and cut them into slices. Mix the remaining 3 eggs with the remaining sugar and coconut. Place the banana slices on the dough and cover everything with the coconut mixture. Smooth the surface with a knife and return it to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serving:Cut the cake into individual portions. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and decorate with sprigs of mint.